Commerce Chenango plays a leading role in economic and community development. From training and education programs, business planning, and business financing to providing regional demographic information, labor and workforce statistics, economic trending reports and relocation packages, we can provide the information you need to help retain, expand or initiate business.
Projects include downtown revitalization, workforce development and launching and supporting new and emerging businesses.
We are the voice of business, large and small, to local, state and federal leaders. Our government and advocacy efforts allow us to team up with other influential business organizations such as Unshackle Upstate NY and the Business Council of New York State to increase our political strength for member causes.
Commerce Chenango will leverage all available resources to support its members, stimulate growth, enhance services, attract new business, improve infrastructure and grow tourism, with a priority on the retention and creation of jobs throughout the Greater Chenango area.
To serve our members and the Greater Chenango area through partnership with business and all levels of government in order to leverage resources for sustainable economic growth.
Vision and Mission in Action
- Stimulate and promote the assets of Chenango County to support economic growth
- Act as the business voice for Chenango County and take the initiative to communicate and
address issues that are significant to business
- Offer benefits and services that contribute to the sustenance and development of business
- Offer education and training programs that will help businesses become more productive
- Collect and disseminate pertinent information, acting as a communication-clearing house
- Provide opportunities for businesses to initiate and enhance relationships with customers and
- Work with community and regional partners to achieve maximum results
Connecting You to Our Community
The Chamber has represented a partnership of business and professional people for over 50 years. Our history is rich and powerful and is committed to serving Chenango County. As a member, you gain a new business partner and the opportunity to foster business contacts, increase your exposure, and become involved in shaping Chenango County’s future.
Make your company visible with cost effective advertising or promote your corporate image by sponsoring an event. Let us help you cut the ribbon on your new business. Take advantage of our growing benefits, and find out why it pays to be a member.
The Chenango Foundation was created to provide a vehicle for community development projects. Join over 300 Leadership Chenango alumni who are applying their skills to make a difference in Chenango County.