Commerce Chenango is currently accepting applications for the Leadership Class of 2022.
As we enter our 18th year of Leadership classes, it is with great pride that we look back at the 340 graduates of the program and their involvement in both county-wide and local community initiatives. We are committed to the belief that leadership is the single most important ingredient needed to build a thriving and successful community.
Leadership Chenango is a nine-month training and mentoring program that will begin in February with the Orientation & Kick-off Dinner. A two-day retreat follows and is designed to bring the class together and will give them the skills necessary to lead and work in a team or group environment more effectively and productively.
Day-long issue-oriented sessions are then held twice a month from March through October, with a graduation ceremony taking place in early November. Leadership Chenango is designed to identify and develop individuals to become community leaders, volunteers for charitable organizations, and board members for school, government, or community organizations.
As a program of the Chenango Foundation, we are committed to developing all facets of the county including the leaders who will guide our area toward future successes.
Program Cost: Tuition is $1,600. The tuition will be paid by a financial sponsor (the participant’s employer or sponsoring organization) or by the participant. Tuition assistance is available based on qualifications and need. Tuition covers all costs for meals, materials, and supplemental transportation. Limited scholarships are available through contributions from the RC Smith Foundation and the Otis Thompson Foundation, pending review by committee members.
Leadership Chenango aims to enhance the development of long-term leadership in the County by:
- Identifying potential leaders with varied interests representing different geographic, occupational, and economic segments of Chenango County.
- Exposing participants through a formalized program to services, resources, issues, and perspectives affecting Chenango County.
- Enhancing personal development skills and leadership abilities so that participants will be better managers.
- Motivating alumni of Leadership Chenango towards active participation in community affairs.
- Creating and maintaining an ongoing network of leadership alumni.