Chenango County’s Economic Development Strategic Plan explores the areas’ economic opportunities and challenges, proposing both goals and a methodology for their achievement.
This plan addresses housing, agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and other facets of the regional economy through 2020. It was finalized in 2014.
The County’s’ major goals include:
- Encourage Business Recruitment, Retention, and Expansion
- Prioritize and Address Education and Workforce Development Needs
- Foster Downtown Revitalization
- Support Housing Development to Meet Community Needs
- Build Tourism, Agri-tourism, the Arts, Historic, and Cultural Opportunities
- Grow Agriculture and Forestry Industries
Strategies and action items are proposed for each goal, with many accomplished or on the road to achievement.
View the Strategic Plan Update: 2014-2020.